This Comenius-Project has finished in July 2011.
10-08-2011: Results of the evaluation
Slideshow: Best of all conference-photos in Turkey
CZ DK-Group 2+3 - Mohammad- Hille's 9A
Hille's 6A - Eva's 7B - Eva's 8B - Marju's 7A - Marju's 9B - Fanny's 3C
Teacher Teams and the results of 2010-2
These six schools work together from Autumn 2009 till summer 2011:
- Võru 1 Põhikool in Võru, Estonia - School Info
- Özel Idare Anadolu Lisesi in Şahinbey / Gaziantep, Turkey - School Info
- Collège Auguste Mailloux in Le Loroux Bottereau, France - School Info
- Brøndby Strandskole in Brøndby Strand, Denmark - School Info
- Základn Škola Kladská in Praha 2, Czech Republic - School Info
- Kopernikus-Oberschule in Berlin-Steglitz, Germany - School Info
1st link goes to the website, 2nd link to the address (new window), 3rd link to information about each school.
Aims of the Project
"Environment and Sustainability: Think Global - Act Local"
Make the pupils aware of their own role as consumer – and its consequences.
Give the pupils a wider knowledge and awareness :
- ... concernig their own comsumption
- ... of todays use of energy
- ... of renewable energy
Decisions made in the conference in Copenhagen 2008:
- The starting point are the close and daily necessities as food, water, clothing and leisure time activities.
- The concrete aims of the project for the first year are to make the pupils aware of their own role as consumers of nature resources.
- We want them to become critical consumers realising that their choices have consequences.
- We want to teach the pupils in a very positive way concentrating on their possibilities for alternative consumption habits.
- To get them understand that even small changes in habits can have great significance.
Contents of the first year
- What do we eat? The necessity of healthy food. Place of origin, ways of production, transportation.
- How are we spending water? The necessity of clean water.
- What are we wearing? Look at for instance your T-shirt – From production to scrapping!
- Leisure time consumption for a young person in Europe. Computer, mobile phone, iPod etc
- Family habits: Comparing consuming profiles. Show consequences and alternatives
- Spending habits for young European persons on food, drinking, clothes and leisure time activities.
- Recycling compared to mountains of garbage. Fashion show with clothes made from rubbish.
- The second point is the common need and consumption of energy and transportation.
- The concrete aim of the second year is to make the pupils aware that while need of energy is growing,traditionally resources are decreasing.
- The pupils need to know about renewable energy sources. We will show them ways of saving energy.
Contents of the second year
- Energy experiments in all countries: sun – and water energy, solar cells to load batteries, dynamo energy etc.
- Measuring of energy consumption at school and comparing it for all 6 countries.
- Excursions to local and regional places for renewable energy: windmill park, recycling energy factory etc.
- “Think Global – Act Local” festival in Denmark September 2010 for as many pupils as possible.
- Many experiments with energy.
- Collective transportation compared to private transportation. Cost benefit analysis. CO2 effect.
- New ways of private transportation – electric cars etc
- Focus on biking to school and leisure time activities. Campaigns to achieve certain amounts of kilometres.
- Finally deciding together: The 10 commandments of clever use of energy.
- Closure of the project and evaluation: Essays written by the participating pupils about their experiences in the project concerning new consumption habits and new intercultural competences.